There comes a time in every woman’s life when her ovaries no longer produce estrogen. Bio-identical estrogen replacement therapy is used when that occurs. This therapy not only provides cardiovascular protection but also gives relief from such unpleasant menopause symptoms as hot flashes and night sweats.
Bio-identical Estrogen Therapy . . .
- Enhances skin elasticity and tone, as well as static balance
- Prevents cataracts, macular degeneration, insomnia, memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease, cognitive decline, colon cancer, urinary tract infections, osteoporosis, and depression
- Protects the cardiovascular system, skeletal system and brain
- Increases bone density, energy and libido
- Lessens mood swings, fatigue, facial wrinkles, menopause symptoms, incontinence, vaginal atrophy and dryness, strokes, and heart disease
After the age of 35 and before menopause, progesterone starts to decline in most women. As progesterone lowers, women become increasingly susceptible to changes in sleep patterns and/or insomnia, anxiety, nervousness, heart palpitations, mood swings, and annoying hot flashes. Women with low progesterone levels often say “I just don’t feel like myself.”
When these same women receive Bio-Identical Progesterone Replacement Therapy, their hot flashes are reduced. In addition, progesterone has been shown to have a natural calming effect on the brain. It generally improves sleep, decreases anxiety, mildly elevates mood, and lessens depression.
For optimal benefit, progesterone should be given along with estrogen. This increases the chance of preventing osteoporosis (by building bone), along with improving mood and the woman’s overall sense of well-being.
However, the most important benefits of progesterone are arguably its anti-cancer properties.
Bio-identical Progesterone Therapy . . .
- Protects the uterus and breasts against cancer, as well as the cardiovascular and skeletal systems
- Enhances a sense of well-being and sleep
- Improves carotid artery health and bone density
- Prevents osteoporosis, fibrocystic disease and depression
As happens so often with hormones, the older we get, the less our bodies produce DHEA. Nonetheless, it is the most common steroid hormone in the human body.
The health benefits of Bio-Identical DHEA Replacement Therapy are many. This hormone has been proven to:
- Increase bone density, energy and immunity
- Lessen visceral fat and cholesterol
- Prevent diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis and atherosclerosis
DHEA is so vital to the human body that research has shown that high levels (those typically found during our youth) are associated with good health, while low levels are often connected to various life-threatening diseases. DHEA metabolizes into other hormones. Therefore, DHEA therapy can help your body choose which hormones it needs, causing it to synthesize that hormone out of the DHEA. This may account for the astonishing range of benefits attributed to DHEA replacement therapy by many researchers, including that it is an important complement to testosterone therapy.
If your thyroid’s output is low, you typically won’t have much energy, will feel tired more often than usual and will have trouble losing weight.
Bio-identical Thyroid Replacement Therapy . . .
- Prevents cold hands and feet, weakness, depression, thin skin, fragile hair, and brittle nails
- Increases motivation, energy, ability to lose weight, metabolism, and cognitive reaction
- Decreases mental slowness, constipation, fatigue, weight gain, and body fat
Our wake and sleep cycle is largely influenced by the amount of melatonin we have in our systems. An endogenous hormone, melatonin production decreases as we age. Supplementing it improves sleep patterns as well as the depth and quality of sleep.
Bio-identical Melatonin Replacement Therapy . . .
- Enhances natural killer cells
- Improves sleep, mood, immune function, and energy
Produced in both men and women, testosterone enhances mental health and acuity. When this hormone decreases with age, the result is fatigue, a lack of endurance, depression, and poor muscle tone. Lean muscle mass improves when supplemented with testosterone, studies have shown. In addition, all-over body fat is reduced, bone mineral density increased, and the libido of both men and women improved.
Studies have also shown that testosterone promotes healing, increases energy and improves skin tone and hyperlipidemia.
The use of Bio-identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy . . .
- Lessens fat, cholesterol, insulin resistance, aging diseases, and intra-media arterial wall thickness
- Improves healing, skin tone and lean muscle mass
- Increases strength and endurance, exercise tolerance, bone density, muscle mass, libido, and sexual performance
- Prevents Alzheimer’s disease, depression, osteoporosis, skin atrophy, and tendon and join degeneration
- Enhances well-being, memory, sexual function, and psychological status
When men who’ve suffered from lowered testosterone levels achieve youthful levels of this hormone through a testosterone therapy program, they experience increased muscle mass, enhanced energy, better recovery, and greater cardiovascular endurance. Additional benefits include greater memory and libido, better sleep, improved mood, less anxiety, stronger bones and muscles, an improved cholesterol profile, and a decrease in total body fat.